The Simple Funeral
Our Simple Funeral allows us to provide a caring and quality service at a fair cost.
A simple, lower-cost funeral option with the comfort of knowing that quality isn’t compromised, as we guarantee to provide our usual outstanding levels of care and standards for your loved one.
The cost of the Simple Funeral is £1,995 not including third party costs.
Third party fees are essential services delivered by others that we will manage on your behalf.
On average last year (2015) our clients paid £1,016 in third party fees but this is a national average and may not reflect the price you might pay in your local area. Find out more about third party fees.
- For full details on the breakdown of funeral costs click here.
What's included in the Simple Funeral
These are the things that we’ll do for you as part of our Simple Funeral:
- We’ll remove your loved one from their place of death into our care
- If death occurs out of normal working hours, at home or in a care home, we’ll remove your loved one into our care, out of hours, at no extra cost
- We’ll prepare, care for and dress your loved one in a gown to match the interior of our ‘Simple Coffin’
- Your loved one will rest in our mortuary facility, or if required, a private rest room in our funeral home
- You’ll be able to visit your loved one during normal working hours at no additional charge
- We’ll transport your loved one from the funeral home to the crematorium or cemetery in a hearse at the appointed time of the service
- We’ll make all necessary arrangements for a dignified funeral
- Your Funeral Director will be there at the funeral to support and guide you through the funeral
When comparing other ‘simple package’ funerals, please be sure of exactly what they include as they’re not all the same.
We proudly assure you that we will NOT compromise our quality of service in any way.
What additional services can I choose?
We understand that while you may want to keep your funeral simple, there may be some additional services you’d like, to follow traditions or beliefs.
Our experienced staff will be happy to talk though your needs and help you decide on the options that best suit you - we’ll then be able to confirm any additional costs that may be incurred.
As part of our Simple Funeral, the following services are also available to you (at an additional cost):
- We can arrange for the funeral service, celebration or ceremony to take place at your chosen location before attending the cemetery or crematorium
- We can organise for a chauffeur driven limousine(s) to follow the hearse
- We can arrange for the hearse and limousine(s) to attend your chosen location before the funeral, and proceed to the funeral ‘in cortege’ as a funeral procession
- We can carry out the embalming of your loved one
What isn't included in the Co-op Simple Funeral
- There will be no choice of the day and time of the funeral and certain days and times may be excluded
- Bringing the deceased into our care beyond a 15 mile radius (an additional mileage charge will apply)
- Viewing the deceased outside of normal working hours
- A separate funeral service or celebration taking place before proceeding to the local crematorium or cemetery
- Additional transport for the mourners
- Third party fees (disbursements)
These include fees for the doctor, minister, church and crematorium. We kindly ask for payment for these at the time of making the funeral arrangements.
- For more information on the Simple Funeral find your local funeral director here.
What to do when someone dies
If someone has died and you need immediate assistance please contact your local Funeral Director or contact us on the details below. We are here to help and support you.
Call us on: 01942 825 554
or Contact us
Government support for funeral costs
Arranging a loved one’s funeral is difficult enough without having to worry about the cost. If you’re struggling to pay for the cost of a funeral, you may be eligible for help from the government.Click here to find out more
Arranging a funeral - Find out more
Download or request a brochure to learn more about; Your guide to funeral services, memorial masonry, floral tributes, how to write a eulogy, ashes caskets/coffin collection or our stationery collectionDownload or request a brochure now
If you are an existing Co-op Member, you will earn 5% of the cost of the funeral and 1% back to your local community, when you pay for your funeral.